Azure, on a bend between a fleur-de-lis and a prickly
pear cactus or two cottises gules.
That for the regiments of the Indiana National Guard:
On a wreath of colors (or and azure) a demi-lion rampant argent holding
in dexter paw a laurel branch vert.
The insignia is the shield, crest, and
motto of the coat of arms of the regiment.
The shield is blue for Infantry. The red cottisies
of the gold band are Spanish colors, representing the continental service
of the organization during the War with Spain. The cactus and fleur-de-lis
represents, respectively, duty on the Mexican Border and service overseas
in World War I.
and Honors - 152nd Infantry (Second Indiana)
24 June 1846 as 3d Regiment of Indiana Volunteers, Indiana Brigade, from
independent companies as follows:
Brown County Blues
Mustered into Federal service 26 June 1846 at New Albany; mustered out
of Federal service 24-27 June 1847 at New Orleans, Louisiana, and elements
reorganized as independent companies in state service.
Companies in southern Indiana consolidated and mustered into Federal service
21-27 April 1861 at Indianapolis as the 6th and 8th Indiana Volunteer
Infantry Regiments; Mustered out of Federal service 2-6 August at Indianapolis.
After 6 August 1861 the above units underwent changes as follow:
6th Regiment (Col. Thomas T. Crittenden) reorganized and mustered into
Federal service 20 September 1861 at Madison; mustered out of Federal
service 22 September 1864 at Indianapolis.
8th Regiment (Col. William P. Benton) reorganized and mustered into Federal
service 5 September 1861 at Indianapolis; mustered out of Federal service
28 August 1865 in Georgia.
Reorganized 12 June 1882 as 1st Regiment Indiana Veteran Legion from independent
companies as follows:
Hager Veteran (Terre Haute)
South Bend Veterans (South Bend)
Tippecanoe Veterans (Lafayette)
Phil Kearney Veterans (Covington)
Old Wayne Veterans (Richmond)
Howard Veterans (Kokomo)
Elkhart Veteran Guards (Elkhart)
Carroll Veterans (Delphi)
Jennings County Veterans (North Vernon; added Oct. 1882)
Reorganized in 1892 as 2d Regiment, Indiana Legion, by
exchange of companies during 1883 through 1892, shifting to southern portion
(Indiana Legion redesignated 5 March 1895 as the Indiana National Guard)
Mustered into Federal service 10 May 1898 at Indianapolis as the 158th
Indiana Volunteer Infantry; mustered our of Federal service 4 November
1898 at Indianapolis.
Reorganized 20 July 1900 as 2d Infantry in central portion of State, including
companies in Indianapolis, Muncie, New Castle, Union City, Franklin, Lebanon,
Mustered into Federal service 29 June – 9 July 1916 at Fort Benjamin
Harrison, Indiana, for service on theMexican border; mustered our of Federal
service 21-26 February 1917 at Fort Benjamin Harrison, Indiana.
Called into Federal service 25 March 1917; mustered into Federal service
20 April 1917 at Jeffersonville.
Drafted into Federal service 5 August 1917.
Reorganized and redesignated 1 October 1917 as the 152d Infantry and assigned
to the 38th Division.
Demobilized 8 March 1919 at Camp Zachary Taylor, Kentucky.
Consolidated in 1921 with the 137th Field Artillery (organized in 1846);
consolidated unit reorganize in the Indiana National Guard as the 152d
Infantry and assigned in the 38th Division; Headquarters Federally recognized
15 November 1921 at Indianapolis.
(Location of Headquarters changed 13 February 1932 to Fort Wayne; on 19
April 1938 to Indianapolis.)
Inducted into Federal service 17 January 1941 at home stations.
(38th Division redesignated 10 February 1942 as 38th Infantry Division.)
Inactivated 9 November 1945 at Camp Anza, Calf.
Reorganized (less 3d Battalion) and Federally recognized 23 May 1947 with
headquarters at Evansville 3rd Battalion [former 137th Field Artillery]
reorganized and Federally recognized 30 December 1947 as the 293d Infantry
hereafter separate lineage.)
Reorganized 1 February 1959 as a parent regiment under the Combat Arms
Regimental System consist of the 1st and 2d Battle Groups, elements of
the 38th Infantry Division.
Reorganized 1 March 1963 to of HHC (New Albany), Co A (New Albany), Co
B (Tell City), Co C (Salem).
Reorganized 1 November 1965 as 2d Battalion (Mechanized) to consist of
HHC (-) (Shelbyville), HHC (Greensburg), Co A (-) (Seymour), Co A (Connersville),
Co B (-) (Martinsville), Co B (Columbus), Co C (-) (Salem), Co C (Scottsburg).
Reorganized 1 December 1967 to consist of HHC (Shelbyville),
Co A (-) (Richmond), Co A (Connersville), Co B (Martinsville), Co C (New
Reorganized and redesignated 1 February 1972 with Co A (-) (Richmond)
and Co A as Spt Co (Connersville).
(Location of Headquarters (2d Battalion) (Mechanized) changed 1 March
1977 to Camp Atterbury; on 1 November 1979 to Columbus)
Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1987 with
Spt as Co E (AA) (Connersville) and organized Co D (Connersville)
Reorganized and redesignated 1 April 1995 with the Location of Headquarters
changed to Marion Indiana, HHC (Marion), Co A (Warsaw), Co B (Winchester),
Co C (New Castle), Co D (Muncie), Co E (Connersville).
Streamer without inscription.
Philippine Presidential Unit Citation,
Streamer embroidered 17 October 1994 to 4 July 1945